Followers

Thursday, 23 September 2010

Beef Tostadas



Ingredients

  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
  • 1/2 cup chili sauce
  • 1 teaspoon dry Mexican or taco seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce
  • 6 tostada shells
  • 3 cups shredded lettuce
  • 1 1/2 cups guacamole
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend

Directions

  1. In a large skillet, cook beef and red pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili sauce, Mexican seasoning, salt and pepper; heat through.
  2. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and chipotle sauce. Layer each tostada with lettuce, meat mixture, guacamole, cheese and chipotle cream.

Footnotes

  • Nutritional Analysis: 1 tostada equals 460 calories, 30 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,040 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 24 g protein.

33 comments:

  1. Thanks, the wife is out of town and I need good recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fuck those look good...im gonna make some myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool post bro!
    check both my blogs are interesting! ;)
    suppin can u rtrn pls?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suddenly have a strong craving for mexican food. Looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm lovin' your blog, as usual.

    http://tornadojackson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the AFL (Australian football) grand final tomorrow, I might make some of these for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great having the nutrition information for the recipe, they look very good btw :)
    http://www.mayela1129.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thoose look good. I'm often trying out your recipes :) You have some really great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. heading to work soon, STARVING, wish I could eat my computer screen right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I broke my promise, I couldn't get 2 hours of cooking in. QQ

    ReplyDelete
  11. late night
    no food

    i'm so hungry

    check out my blogs if you are interested in the likely economic collapse/sick politics

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice! this could be a good snack!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that looks heavenly, i will have to try and make that

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love me some tostada's :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post, keep it up and I'll keep showing love and support =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. im about to make these right now thanks

    ReplyDelete