- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 lb bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1 jar (26 oz) tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 5 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 container (12 oz) cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley leaves
- 1 egg
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (8 oz)
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in pasta sauce, water and uncooked noodles. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is almost tender.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and egg. Spread over partially cooked pasta mixture. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Cover; cook 10 to 15 minutes longer or until cottage cheese mixture is set and pasta is tender.